- Guest book
Let me say hello on behalf of the Czech FAIR PLAY Club of the Czech Olympic Committee. Our goal is to promote sportsmanship, giving young athletes shining examples and encouraging them to appreciate exemplary acts. You, players, are here to show the best performance. Do not take advantage of the sports stadiums for violence, manifestation of hatred or even racism. You, who are here in charge of coaches, organizers and referees, contribute your part to the successful course of the tournament, not only on the sports grounds, but also in the backstage. And you, the spectators, appreciate sportingly all players and do not create devastated battlegrounds outside the sports stadiums.
The President of the Czech FAIR PLAY Club of the Czech Olympic Committee
1. I'll act fairly and by the rules during competition.
2. I'll acknowledge that the opponent is better, I'll shake the opponent's hand at the finish or after the match and I'll pay tribute to my opponent.
3. Victory is not a reason to superiority.
4. The loser deserves the acknowledgment and is not an object of mockery, nor furtive.
5. A competition has equal conditions for all players or competitors.
6. In competition I respect the instructions and orders of referees and organizers and follow them.
7. I want to win, but not at any price.
8. The spectators are part of the sporting event and by applauding they pay tribute both to the winner and loser.
9. I believe in sportsmanship even in everyday situations.
10. By my behavior I serve as an example to younger athletes.
The organizers of this year's PRAGUE GAMES 2014 in cooperation with the FAIR PLAY Club of the Czech Olympic Committee decided to give support to sport in its true nature. The behavior of individual players, parents, coaches and whole teams will be observed and assessed during the whole tournament. Sportsmanship certainly belongs to sport, as well as to be able to fight fairly, to do homage to the opponent, etc. On the other hand, the PRAGUE GAMES 2014 tournament gives support to play without aggression, cheating, and mockery. At the same time we want stop any manifestation of roughness and aggressiveness on the part of parents and adults accompanying the youth teams.
1. After each match the organizers, with the agreement with the referee of the match CAN AWARD A BLUE card – for an exemplary FAIR PLAY act, or behavior during the match. The card can be awarded to a player, coach or a member of the team, spectator, or a parent. The card can be awarded for a gesture, exemplary Fair Play act, or support during the match.
2. After each match the organizers, after agreement with the referee of the match CAN ADMONISH A RED card – for an UNFAIR act, or behavior during the match. The card can be admonished to a player, coach or member of the team, spectator, or a parent. The card can be admonished for a behavior during the match, gesture or manifestation of unsportsmanlike aggressiveness.
3. Each card given, both BLUE and RED, will be recorded on the tournament's form.
4. The Fair Play tournament's commission will assess all records.
5. The most exemplary FAIR PLAY acts of the individual players or teams during the tournament will be announced during the final day July 12th 2014 - Saturday.
6. The Fair Play Award – cup – will be awarded by Mrs. Květa Pecková, the Chairwoman of the Fair Play Club of the Czech Olympic Committee.
7. During the final day, the recipients of a RED CARD for an UNFAIR act or behavior can also be announced.
GET TOURNAMENT NEWS